Holiday cards give us the rundown on what Emily did in volleyball this year, or how tall little Josh has grown. We love a card display filled with loved ones and memmories. But they’re also a great opportunity to keep our contact list up to date with name changes, new addresses, and new family members.
Display and enjoy your cards over the holiday so when the season's over, they disappear along with your decorations. Don't worry, we'll cover that later in the month. For now, we want to share some easy DIY ideas.
Our top three holiday card set ups:
Here's how to head into 2018 with a current address book:
- Keep all contacts and addresses in one excel spreadsheet.
- Create one column for the year, along with the last three.
- When you get a card, update any necessary info and mark a “yes” by the year that you received it.
- If any cards get returned to you, reach out to get the new info, or mark on your list that they need to be updated later.
- At the end of the holiday season, remove people from your list who haven’t sent you a card in the last three years. This will keep your list current with the people you really want to keep in touch with.
How do you like to enjoy your holiday wishes? Email us with a quick snapshot at firstname.lastname@example.org and get to hanging those cards!